Board Treasurer - Volunteer Role - Posting
The Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders. Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses that impact individuals of all genders, ages, and socio-economic circumstances.
Established in 2002, our Vision is: A province where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding.
Role Description and Time Commitment
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is inspired by our mission, has worked or volunteered in the non-profit sector, and has experience monitoring an organization’s financial condition – reporting regularly to the Board.
You will attend Board meetings (4 – 5 per year), the AGM, Finance Committee meetings (4 – 5 per year), and our annual fundraising Gala. You will be involved in the annual audit and will ensure the Executive Director is provided financial guidance and support.
The Treasurer role is suited for someone who brings a strategic perspective to the Board, and is working at a Senior Manager, VP or Executive level. Your name will be put forward at the June 2019 AGM, and you will be mentored in your role by our outgoing Treasurer.
As a Board Member and chair of the Finance Committee, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure:
- Strategic thinking within the board about the financial vitality and potential of Looking Glass
- Development of financial literacy amongst board members
- Oversight of all financial reporting including ensuring proper financial statements are submitted and interpreted to the board, and advising the board as required
- Oversight of the annual audit of the organization and presentation of the audited statements to the members at the AGM
- The annual operating budget is prepared, reviewed, and submitted to the board for approval
- Investment, financial risk management, gift acceptance, and internal control policies are in place and adhered to
- The board meets all of their fiduciary duties by confirming that the books of account and accounting records of the foundation are kept as required by law
- Financial statements, tax returns, and other filings are prepared and submitted as required
- You support Looking Glass in developing and enhancing partnerships with funders and key community partners
If apply, or for more information, please contact Debbie Slattery, Board Chair, 604-314-0548 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2019.
Our Vision A province where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding
Our Mission Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders
Our Values Compassion ◆ Hope ◆ Integrity◆ Accessibility
Collaboration ◆ Accountability ◆ Courage