Looking Glass Foundation
Administrative Assistant Posting
The Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders.
If you know that recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and you share our belief that no one should have to struggle alone with this illness. If you bring empathy toward individuals impacted by mental health issues, we look forward to meeting you.
We are looking for a team player with a high level of motivation, patience, excellent organizational skills and a willingness to provide support wherever needed. Alongside your colleagues, you will help Looking Glass enhance and expand our impact. As a member of the Looking Glass community, you embrace our Values: Compassion, Hope, Integrity, Accessibility, Collaboration, Accountability and Courage.
This position is part of the Government’s Canada Summer Jobs program. This is a contract role, 20-30 hours / week at $19 / hour, for 8-12 weeks, with a start date in May. There is a possibility of the contract being extended to a permanent part-time role.
Candidates must be aged between 17 and 30. We particularly welcome applicants who represent diverse communities or perspectives. Current or recent Looking Glass Volunteers are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person for whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Working in a Team Environment
You will provide administrative support, including but not limited to:
- Updating our Neon CRM database and mailing lists
- Tasks related to the coordination and execution of an online silent auction in support of our summer golf tournament
- Supporting with communications: monitoring social media platforms, updating website content and utilizing Mailchimp
- Compiling and organizing testimonials from program volunteers and participants
- Analyzing program trends and creating reports and dashboards
- Developing and populating an eating disorder research folder
Required Skills and Experience
- Adherence to the high degree of confidentiality of our programs and sensitive information
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple on-going projects at once
- Experience working with donor or customer databases
- Experience working with online fundraising platforms, such as Givergy, is an asset
- Compassionate, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Comfortable working remotely
- Research and data analysis skills are an asset
- Experience volunteering or working in a non-profit environment would be ideal
- High School Diploma required
- You will provide three references and will undertake a Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector check
Please email your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the email subject line. Application review will be ongoing until the successful candidate has been confirmed. Thank you for your interest in Looking Glass Foundation.
Our Vision A province where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding
Our Mission Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders
Our Values Compassion ◆ Hope ◆ Integrity◆ Accessibility
Collaboration ◆ Accountability ◆ Courage