Communications & Online Giving Coordinator Job Posting
Looking Glass Foundation for Eating Disorders - Communications & Online Giving Coordinator Job Posting
You are a team player with excellent digital literacy, fundraising and organizational skills. Your demonstrated experience will enable you to: implement our communications strategy, including social media campaigns, program/event promotion, and content development; and, implement, monitor and steward our online monthly giving program.
The Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals who are impacted by eating disorders. Established in 2002, our Vision is one where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding.
You know that recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and you share our belief that no one should have to struggle alone with this illness. You are passionate about supporting individuals impacted by mental health issues, and ideally have direct personal or professional experience supporting people on their eating disorder recovery journeys.
Alongside your colleagues, you will help enhance and expand our impact. As a member of the Looking Glass community, you embrace our Values: Compassion, Hope, Integrity, Accessibility, Collaboration, Accountability, and Courage.
Looking Glass Foundation is particularly interested in candidates who represent diverse communities or perspectives.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week), reporting to the Executive Director. Some evening and weekend work is required. Permanent employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit plan after a successful three-month probation period.
As a charity with very few staff, the Looking Glass Foundation’s Team members have a wide range of responsibilities, from strategic to administrative. Responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
1. Communications Strategy
- Produce and maintain an annual calendar of LGF communications activity: social media campaigns; program/event promotion; fundraising initiatives; e-blasts; web copy and banner changes; and donor/sponsor fulfillment.
- Track and produce monthly communications performance metrics.
2. Social Media
- Develop, implement and monitor campaign- or event-specific promotional strategies and content across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Support LGF's presence during Eating Disorders Awareness Week and other national initiatives.
- Continually increase reach and engagement with key LGF audiences and potential new contacts and groups.
- Assemble, edit and publish 3-4 engaging blogs per month.
3. LGF Copywriting, Design & Production
- Maintain guidelines and layout templates for LGF logos, key messaging, website, print/digital correspondence, promotion/information materials.
- Draft copy for print/digital informational and promotional materials, including LGF brochures, flyers, web pages, banners, e-blasts, invitations, etc.
- Design print and digital materials: including brochures, posters, invitations, special promotions and appeals, as well as social media, website and e-newsletter graphics.
- Develop print budgets and oversee production.
4. Media Relations
- Maintain a database of print and electronic media contacts.
- Generate media releases and PSAs in support of LGF events, milestones and newsworthy issues.
5. Online Giving
- Develop, implement and monitor monthly giving program.
- Manage and implement stewardship activities for monthly donors.
- Process donor information, including profiles in our CRM (Neon).
- Download custom reports, complete mail merges.
6. Event Design & Support
- Participate in event committees.
- Ensure all event Partner obligations are fulfilled.
- Liaise with event media onsite or virtually.
7. Email & Phone Support
- Provide compassionate support and information to individuals seeking resources and guidance on navigating eating disorders.
- Manage email accounts, including social@ and gala@.
Qualifications and Attributes
Our Team interacts daily and meets weekly, with a common goal of continually enhancing our impact and reach. You bring to the team:
- A deep interest in supporting individuals who are facing mental health challenges.
- Solid understanding of the principles and function of donor relations, ethical fundraising best practices and strategies, and marketing and communication practices, complemented by a proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, donors and stakeholders.
- A minimum of three years’ communications and online fundraising experience.
- Certificate, degree or diploma in fundraising and/or marketing/communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with a CRM system (ideally Neon) and account management best practices.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite Programs (In Design, Illustrator & Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Smartsheet.
- Extremely well organized, flexible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, collaborative, ability to anticipate, plan, and problem solve.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector check. Please email your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, to susan[at]lookingglassbc.com with Communications & Online Giving Coordinator in the email subject line. No phone calls please. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Application deadline September 30th, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in Looking Glass Foundation.