Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
LGF recognizes and celebrates the diversity of our community and strives to ensure that individuals seeking our assistance are welcomed, included and supported to the best of our ability with services that respond to their needs.
We will not tolerate discrimination, including harassment, of any kind or in any form. LGF is committed to upholding the BC Human Rights Code and the protected grounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age and political belief.
LGF is continually taking meaningful steps to better understand, reflect and embrace diversity and inclusion, whether it be as an employer, Board, service provider or volunteer. We are guided by our core values of compassion, hope, integrity, accessibility, collaboration, accountability and courage in this ongoing journey and, as such, we will continually strive to:
- Seek to attract, develop and engage employees, volunteers and a Board of Directors that is reflective of the communities we serve and in which a broad spectrum of ideas is able to thrive; and
- Foster a safe and respectful environment where services are accessible and inclusive; and
- Be compassionate with others and recognize each individual’s unique contributions, needs, differences and abilities; and
- Demonstrate the courage to listen and learn from others, such as those with lived experience, and reflect on our own biases and beliefs and how these may impact our work; and
- Learn to be effective allies in advancing cultural and psychological safety; and
- Act with integrity in all that we do.
At the Looking Glass Foundation, we will hold each other accountable for continually undertaking these commitments, and specific actions related to diversity and inclusion will be identified in our yearly work plans.
For more information or to provide feedback, please contact Susan Climie, Executive Director at email@example.com.