Dear Looking Glass Participants, Volunteers, Supporters and Friends,
With growing global concerns around COVID-19 ("coronavirus"), we wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward. The health, safety, and well-being of our volunteers, program participants, employees, donors, and partners is our top priority. We are following the lead of organizations across Canada and are taking proactive measures as this situation evolves. These include:
- Closing our Foundation offices as a precautionary measure and having all Foundation employees set up to work-from-home as of March 16th through to April 30th. All in-person meetings will be moved to teleconference, zoom or skype.
- During this time period, all Hand in Hand matches are replacing in-person meetings with virtual get togethers (sykpe, zoom).
- We will actively monitor the evolution of this global pandemic and return to regular operating procedures once health authorities deem it safe for our volunteers and staff to do so.
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel this year's Gala that was to take place on May 8th. As an organization that is focused on mental, emotional, and physical well-being, the last thing we want to do is imperil our guests, our volunteers, and everyone who helps to make Gala successful.
We want to reassure you that Looking Glass Foundation staff is deeply committed to continuing our support for those dealing with eating disorders. We know that these are unprecedented times and that anxiety is on the rise. We recognize that this time may be challenging in unique ways for those living with eating disorders. The good news is that much of the support we provide is via digital platforms and phone conversations (https://www.lookingglassbc.com/programs). Our Online Peer Support chats will continue to run regularly 6 times per week. Our Personal Recovery Space program is continuing as usual as well. In addition, during this time when finances may be tight, we encourage BC undergraduate students to check out our Scholarship Program (https://www.lookingglassbc.com/scholarship/apply). If you, or someone you know, is struggling, please join one of our Online Peer Support chats or reach out via phone or email and we will respond as soon as possible. We are here to help.
Should you have any questions or concerns, or should you wish to discuss how you can support the Looking Glass community during this challenging time, please reach out to us.
And while this information is seemingly everywhere, it is also worth repeating.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently, vigorously, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve, not your hand.
- Feeling sick? Stay home. Call 811 if you think you may have COVID-19.
- Don't touch your face.
For more information or updates on COVID-19, please visit: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19 . Thank you for your steadfast support and patience while we navigate this challenging time. Should you have immediate questions, please write to email@example.com, or call 604.314.0548.
On behalf of our Board and staff, we thank you for being a part of the Looking Glass community, and wish you very well.