Looking Glass Foundation - Program Coordinator Job Posting
Looking Glass Foundation for Eating Disorders - Program Coordinator Job Posting
The Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders. Established in 2002, our Vision is for a Province where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding.
As Program Coordinator, you know that recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and you share our belief that no one should have to struggle alone with this illness. You bring experience working with individuals impacted by mental health issues, and ideally have direct personal or professional experience supporting people on their eating disorder recovery journeys.
You are a team player with excellent organizational and digital literacy skills. Alongside your colleagues, you will be supporting our organization to enhance and expand our impact. As a member of the Looking Glass community, you embrace our Values: Compassion, Hope, Integrity, Accessibility, Collaboration, Accountability, and Courage.
Looking Glass Foundation is particularly interested in candidates who represent diverse communities or perspectives.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week), reporting to the Executive Director. Regular evening and some weekend work is required. Permanent employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit plan after a successful three-month probation period.
As a charity with very few staff, the Looking Glass Foundation’s Team members have a wide range of responsibilities, from strategic to administrative
A. Database and Technology
There is a significant administrative component to this role, primarily focused around technology. Working closely with our IT Contractor, you ensure the smooth running of our two web-based peer-support programs – Online Peer Support (OPS) and Personal Recovery Space (PRS). Skills and duties include:
- An aptitude and patience for tech troubleshooting, both proactive and reactive.
- Accurate and timely processing of program Participant and Volunteer intake forms, including setting up and updating profiles in our CRM.
- Transferring data between our LGF Community website, Neon CRM, shared server, and Smartsheet.
- Recording matches and maintaining our Participant database.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient email communication with Participants, Volunteers, and our IT contractor.
- Maintaining program stats.
- An openness to supporting our transition to a new digital platform.
B. Program Oversight
Bringing compassion and excellence to the role, you will work closely with Team members to ensure program Participants and Volunteers are well supported throughout their time with Looking Glass:
- Review all OPS chats, identifying trends, and areas where additional training or support is required.
- Monitor frequency of program activity.
- Work with our Volunteer Coordinator and PRS Contractor to develop a simple and supportive match closure approach for PRS Participants and Volunteers.
- Step in to help moderate OPS chats if a Volunteer becomes unavailable.
- Immediately address any tech issues that may arise with PRS or OPS.
- Provide monthly program summaries.
- In support of our diversity initiative, identify demographics (of current or potential Participants)
Stepping in as needed to support program Participants and Volunteers, Board members and staff, and Looking Glass stakeholders, our Program Coordinator will take on tasks such as:
- Extracting information and exporting data to other software applications, such as Smartsheet.
- Downloading custom reports, completing mail merges.
- Organizing meetings, developing agendas, and monitoring action lists.
- Handling day to day office tasks, working within our COVID-19 parameters.
D. Email Support
- Manage email accounts, including info@ and gala@, distributing to team members as appropriate.
E. Team Environment
Our Team interacts daily and meets weekly, with a common goal of continually enhancing our impact and reach. You function well independently, and also thrive working with colleagues toward similar goals.
Qualifications and Attributes
- A minimum of two years’ experience supporting individuals who are facing mental health challenges.
- Program coordination experience.
- A minimum of two years’ of progressively senior experience troubleshooting technology and providing technology-enabled customer support.
- Proficiency with a CRM system (ideally Neon) and account management best practices.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Smartsheet.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, and cloud file-sharing services.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, technology, computer science or related discipline.
- Experience volunteering or working with a charity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Compassionate, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Extremely well organized, flexible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, collaborative, ability to anticipate, plan, and problem solve.
- Strong personal alignment with the Looking Glass vision, mission, and goals.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector check. Please email your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, to susan[at]lookingglassbc.com. with Program Coordinator in the email subject line. No phone calls; we will contact those applicants who are selected for an interview. Application deadline June 29th, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in Looking Glass Foundation.