Looking Glass Foundation
Program & Fundraising Assistant Posting
The Looking Glass Foundation provides programs and services that decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders.
In 2022 we will celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We are poised for growth and are seeking an outstanding person to help make it happen. You are a skilled administrator with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to support multiple programs or projects. You will ensure our strong administrative systems provide a foundation to enable impactful service and broad accountability.
Our greatest strengths are our culture and our community – volunteers, program participants, clients, staff, board of directors, funders, and stakeholders. You bring compassion and competencies, you know that recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and you have great empathy for people impacted by mental health issues. You enjoy administrative work and wish to commit to working with our Team as we enhance and expand our impact over the next several years.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Permanent employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan (50% company funded) after a successful three-month probation period.
All staff members must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Our Program & Fundraising Assistant will work partly from home and partly at the Looking Glass office. Full time office work is possible if working from a home office is not a practical option.
We particularly welcome applicants who represent diverse communities or perspectives.
Working in a Team Environment, you will:
A. Support our Volunteer Coordinator, assisting with all stages of the volunteer application and training process and maintaining up-to-date volunteer databases.
B. Administer our Peer Support and Counselling Programs:
- Monitor participant intake forms and maintain accurate records of program participation.
- Support participants and volunteers in using our program platform, including troubleshooting tech issues as needed.
- Review PRS forums and OPS chats, identifying themes, reporting concerns, and sharing testimonials with the Programs Team.
- Track and update participant data for the Hand in Hand program.
- Maintain confidential data and statistics for our counselling program, Bridge the Gap.
- Ensure that all data gathering aligns with the Foundation's policies and procedures.
C. Compile Volunteer and Program statistics and prepare monthly reports for staff, board, and stakeholders.
D. Monitor emails and phone messages, providing information and directing inquiries as needed.
E. Support our Director, Development:
- Administrative support in relation to donor outreach, stewardship, and management.
- Data entry and working with spreadsheets.
- Ad hoc fundraising tasks including logistics and communications. Primary focus will be our annual gala, and secondary will be new community events and campaigns.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Highly proficient with Microsoft 365 (One Drive, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- At least two years’ administrative expertise
- Technologically proficient, with the ability to easily adapt to a variety of digital platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Compassionate, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Experience volunteering or working in a non-profit environment would be ideal
- High degree of confidentiality
- Clear Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector check
Please email your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program & Fundraising Assistant in the email subject line. Applicants must be eligible to work permanently in Canada.
Application deadline is November 26th, 2021. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We anticipate the successful candidate starting work with us in early-mid January, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in Looking Glass Foundation.
Our Vision A province where everyone who suffers from an eating disorder receives the services they need to support their recovery, and where the stigma of this mental illness is replaced with compassion and understanding
Our Mission Looking Glass Foundation’s programs and services decrease isolation, instill hope, and sustain recovery for individuals across British Columbia who are impacted by eating disorders
Our Values Compassion ◆ Hope ◆ Integrity◆ Accessibility
Collaboration ◆ Accountability ◆ Courage