The Looking Glass Foundation for Eating Disorders is seeking its first full-time Executive Director! We are looking for an experienced and energetic leader with a passion for helping young people and families struggling with eating disorders who can build on the many strengths of the Society and lead it to the next level. Demonstrated expertise and experience in fundraising and fund development is a definite plus. If you are interested, please review the posting below and click here for the full Looking Glass Executive Director Job Description.
The Looking Glass Foundation (the “Society”) is a BC not for profit and registered charity formed in 2002 to help those suffering from eating disorders and their families. It delivers a wide range of diverse programs in support of its vision and mission, including its largest program, the Woodstone Residence on Galiano Island which is Canada’s first residential treatment center for young people suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or eating disorder not otherwise specified.
Starting Date: October 1, 2013 or earlier if available.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of the Society, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Society according to its vision, mission and the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
Detailed responsibilities are set out in the Looking Glass Executive Director Job Description.
The position will be full-time and located in Vancouver BC. The position will be supported by a part-time administrative coordinator (to be hired).
Compensation will be a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Recognized as a leader in community engagement
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and developing strong strategic partnerships with investors
- 5+ years’ experience within a senior executive role, ideally as an Executive Director in the not-for-profit / charitable sector
- Proven expertise in human resources and organizational development
- Strong financial management skills
- Proven track record of managing growth and leading change
- An unwavering entrepreneurial spirit
- Not-for-profit, public and private sector acumen
- Ability to develop and nurture a strong leadership team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and strengthen effective relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills and public speaking ability
- University degree, ideally in a relevant discipline
Applications must include a cover letter summarizing relevant knowledge and work experience (focusing on the qualifications listed above), a current resume with contact information, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00pm (PST) on August 15, 2013.
Applications may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure delivery; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All information is included in this posting and job description - no phone calls or e-mails seeking more information please.